Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thank You

Dear Abba,

I'm embarrassed to say it's been a little while since I took a minute just to say "Thank you".

Thank you for making me wait 5 years, when constantly I was convinced I was ready.
Thank you for having a plan laid out that I couldn't see, yet now in hindsight makes perfect sense.
Thank you for protecting me from myself and my "grand plan".
Thank you for knowing I'm worthy enough to love this man that I'm head over heels for.
Thank you for showing me that I deserve the best, and it's proven by me having the best.
Thank you for bringing someone into my life in a completely unexpected way.
Thank you for the words of wisdom a few years ago telling me to look outside my box.
Thank you for teaching me how to let someone in on my independent life.
Thank you for the constant amazement at how wonderful You are.
Thank you for wonderful friends and mentors along the way that told me this day would come.
Thank you for putting this love in my heart that I don't entirely understand, but completely embrace.
Thank you for bringing someone that is just as weird as I am, but in his own flavor.
Thank you for giving me everything I wanted, and everything I didn't know that I wanted.
Thank you for a hopeless romantic.
Thank you for a man that's sensitive and plans the most spectacular dates that make us the envy of everyone I know.
Thank you for a man who knocks me off my feet, literally and figuratively.
Thank you for beards.
Thank you for his smile which seems to make everything better.
Thank you that when I am cranky, he is comforting.
Thank you that when I want to punch the world in the face, he offers his jaw (to scratch The Beard).
Thank you yet again for beards.
Thank you for someone that I can't quite see my life without.
Thank you for making me into a better woman because I'm worth it and he deserves it.
Thank you for pursuing me through my love.
Thank you for reminding me of your daily love and devotion in the simplest of ways, be it Pinterest or Facebook.
Thank you for a hope that I feel welling up inside of me that I haven't felt in a long time.
Thank you for showing me that sometimes you do need to walk alone, but only for a season.
Thank you for these [almost] 9 months, complete with ups and downs and all the inbetweens.
Thank you for making me so excited for the next forever.

Love,
NotJustARedhead




No comments:

Post a Comment