Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Puffy Clouds

I was driving home from work yesterday and I was completely struck how amazing the clouds were. They were huge and puffy and filled with such... poof. Silly but true. After yesterday's earthquake it got me thinking about life... Doing things I shouldn't do, saying things I shouldn't say, quit my job and move to California or Washington state... Anything. But then it got me thinking of when I was a kid and I had this romantic idea that Heaven was on top of the big, bulbous clouds. I remember being disappointed when I was flying and at the top of the clouds I didn't see paved streets of gold or God waving at me from a throne.

Down the rabbit trail, I thought about how while Heaven might not be on top of the clouds, that doesn't mean Heaven isn't in the clouds... Not saying literally, but figuratively of course. I feel a sense of calm and peace when there's a gorgeous blue sky with billowy white clouds. It makes me think of how creative God is and how much effort He puts into everything. And He puts effort into stuff for us to join- how do we take it for granted so often?

Lord please help me to appreciate You and Your creation more.

No comments:

Post a Comment