Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm apparently forgetful. . .


How is it that when it comes to important decisions, I manage to forget to talk to Jesus? How is it that when I reflect on my life I don't always utter at minimum a quick "thanks"?
Part of me feels like I should berate myself for this. The other part realizes that I'm human and it's normal to forget.

Perfect example: This job opportunity. It sounds pretty cool. The boss seems nice. The environment looks neat. I've heard encouragement from friends and new acquaintances. But did I talk to God about it? Did I bother consulting and seeing what He thinks about it?
Nope.

And I still haven't. What the crap? How hard is it? Am I just scared to hear the answer? Am I scared to hear that yes, I may have to move across the country? Or on the flip side am I scared to hear "nope. keep looking"?

"And now I've found the greatest love of all is mine, since You laid down Your life, the greatest sacrifice. Majesty. Majesty. Your grace has found me just as I am, empty handed but alive in Your hands."

Abba forgive me when I forget. I love you. Help me to remember to keep You in the big picture and remember this is all about Your timing; not mine. Gracias por su gracia.

No comments:

Post a Comment