Friday, May 22, 2009

Don't take it for granted. . .

I take things for granted.
But especially I feel like I take Jesus and His grace for granted. Seriously.
I've graduated with my bachelor's degree from a Christian college, am a licensed reverend, and have been a Christian most of my life, yet I'm fairly certain I take Jesus for granted. I'm embarrassed to say so, but it's a fact.

I was reading through someone else's blog, and I was envious because they seem to have such a passion that I don't always have. Granted no one ever has a permanent passion, in comes and goes, but I realized it's because I've grown up in church.

Now if you've read my blog or know at all, you know that I've had my fair share of troubles in life: eating disorder, severe depression, bad relationships, etc. . . But I was a Christian before and after that. I wasn't living completely in sin then had a Saul experience where I was blinded by God then surrendered to Him. I'm not short-changing my testimony at all- I really do have an incredible testimony, and God has been so ridiculously good to me. But I just wonder how I seem to take it for granted when I don't deserve any of it.

I think I'm bothered that I don't tell people about Him more and have more enthusiasm for the goodness that is God. I don't brag on Jesus enough I suppose. That kinda sucks. :\

Abba forgive me for when I'm not thankful enough & I take You for granted. I pray that I will remember how much you've really done for me.

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ..." Ephesians 1:7-9

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ashley! You're a licensed reverend? That's amazing! How cool. You obviously know how to work for the things you're truly passionate about :-)

    ReplyDelete