Friday, August 21, 2009

Drawn to the voice of my Savior once again. . .

She spun and she spun and she spun. Round and round, a blur of blues and greens from her dress. Tears flowed down her face and endless songs poured from her pink lips.
She was dancing with God. She knew it. She could feel it. She almost thought she could have lifted off the ground with the elation she felt. This was just their time. Just their time to be together and dance.
"How He loves us..." she whispered. She almost wanted to collapse at the overwhelming weight of that. For a moment she paused spinning and just lifted her closed eyes to the sky and worshiped her Father. Swaying back and forth, like a little girl dancing for her daddy, she continued to sing: "love's like a hurricane, i am a tree bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy." She felt so free. So carefree and happy to just be dancing around, a little girl for her Father.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a call today that prompted the emotional worship you read above. A job. A prospective employer calling me to offer me a position, and one that was actually higher than the original position I applied for. Of course I accepted: it was full-time, had benefits, and pays $1.50 more than the original position I applied for.

God amazes me. Seriously, He never ceases to amaze me. I've been looking for jobs since Christmas break and all the while I've been concerned about the 2 weddings I was going to: one in mid-August and the other one I'm a bridesmaid in in September. This job starts September 8th, the Tuesday after the wedding I'm in. =) Now, yes I've been unemployed and been super strapped for money, but I can honestly say that my bills have never been late since Christmas. Somehow money's come around in some way, shape, or form. Even if it was working at Starbucks for those 3 weeks, and as miserable as I was, I know it was God's way of keeping me financially afloat. This job I'm getting will be more than enough to pay my bills and save some money. I really am a blessed woman. . . I feel good about this job: I feel very encouraged.

Now I am still single, and I do want to be in a relationship, but I know that God's got it covered. I know my entire life has been planned in such a way, and I know even moreso about how annoying that is sometimes. But I also know that I've never been disappointed or upset about God's plans. I know he's out there somewhere, wondering where I'm at, and I'm sure we'll meet at it'll be stars and rockets everywhere. Ok maybe not literally but either way. I know God's timing is perfect.

All I need is You Lord, all I need is You.
Abba forgive me for not always trusting you. But I'm so thankful for Your grace and Your faithfulness to me over the years. I'm so thankful that you and I danced together and I feel safe in Your presence. Lord I pray for my daily bread to be taken care of.

"This, then, is how you should pray:
"'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.'" Matthew 6:9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment