Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Ohana" means "Family"

I'm absolutely stunned at how 18 months has gone by since I've seen this family, and yet we've picked right back up from where we left. Sure, the oldest son has grown 6 inches and his voice is deeper, and sure, the 2 oldest are in relationships now, but overall... This is still the same family that I left in August of 2010. This is still the same family that I treasure and respect and adore. I was only here for 5 hours when my face was already completely sore from laughing. I adopt people as siblings (I have a "brother" and a "sister") since I'm an only child, but I really feel like this family has adopted me. I've been greeted with huge hugs from everyone, and welcomed back like I never left. I absolutely adore this family. And outside of my actual blood relatives, I'm pretty positive they're my favorite family in the world. Bold words, I know, but they are.

They're the family that I want to have when I'm married and having kids. I want the fun nights playing ridiculous games, of chatting around the table for hours, and there always being something going on. I want a lot (ok 4 or 5) of kids because I want what this family has.

I'm happy. That's all. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment