Friday, April 20, 2012

Faite


It’s been a month since my last post.

And what a whirlwind of a month it’s been! A^2 is still doing amazing- I like him more and more that I get to know him. =) He’s sweet and hilarious and weird and enamored with God. Basically he’s the incarnation of things I’ve always wanted. J Our dates since our first have all been themed- I told him “good luck” when it comes time for our next date since date #1 at National Harbor was so resplendent. And you know, he’s totally done well with planning. He’s so creative, which I never expected. Not because of him per se, but just because I don’t often expect men to be so on top of things! Perhaps there’s some mild psychosis there, but that’s for another blog post. ;) We have a running tally of dates we “should” do, however there extravagant and lovely to think about but fairly impractical… For example:

Date 2: Ireland
Date 3: Sign language classes
Date 4: Peru for authentic Peruvian chicken
Date 5: Hawai’i
Date 6: Epic Road Trip
Date 7: China

So you see they’re not exactly “normal” or “practical” dates. So what does my amazing boyfriend do? He steps it up.

Date #2 was Ireland. He told me to wear green, so I chose a green dress with leggings and flats and a cardigan. He showed up to my house promptly when he said he would, and said we “had to start the evening right”. What does he do? Pulls out 2 bottles of Sobe lifewater- whatever flavor comes in a green bottle. We “Cheers!” our plastic containers and he pulls out a bar of Lindt chocolate with pistachios in it (wrapper was green; surprised?) and then says we can start the evening off with “these” instead and pulls out a package of green Andes mints. Already I’m laughing and amazed at his planning and thoughtfulness. Was it all silly and cheesy? Yes. But so am I, so really it just delighted my heart! We went to Old Towne Alexandria and walked towards this store that appeared to be closed. He kept saying “aw man! Are they closed?!” because he apparently wanted to get me something in there. The store name? “The Irish Walk”. =) We have a silly joke about unicorns so he asked if I was double unicorn hungry and I said “triple unicorn hungry!” (again- I realize how ridiculous we are. I like it so shush.). He pulled my hand back into a courtyard behind the store and walked across the way and I noticed we were walking towards Pat Troys. Home of the Unicorn. Are you kidding me?!

© Pat Troy's

Who finds an Irish pub that happens to be “home of the unicorn”?! That’s absurd! That’s ridiculous! That’s… my boyfriend. =) He knows how much I love my Irish heritage and want to go to Ireland, and instead he took me to Ireland. It was silly and random but it was perfect.

Oh wait, I forgot there's more. 



Sorry for the terrible quality….
At the restaurant he dropped green food dye in our water. Once we finished our fantastic dinner + green water we went and got his stereo out of the car. I started smiling and asking what it was for, and he said "oh you know, thought we might do a little bit of dancing." There's a building I can never remember the name of with a huge fountain out front and a stage in between the fountain and the building. He put the stereo on the fountain (there were kids on a tour at the stage) and started playing Celtic music. My jaw dropped and I just laughed. We swing danced to Irish music for a couple of songs, but sadly my shins were hurting from the poor shoe choice. So we slow danced for a few songs. Excellent. ;-) We danced goofily to a few more songs, had people watch us and video as usual, and then danced to one of my favorite songs, L-O-V-E by VV Brown. So so good. I couldn't even believe the night I was having. And theennnn (because there's always more!) we walked down to the harbor and slow danced by the water. Like a dream, I know.
Since then we've had a "history lesson" date where we learned all about each other, a sign language date where he brought me a giant balloon and held up fantastic signs (which are now safely stowed under my bed), and a picnic complete with apple pie because it's my favorite. 

Daily I'm amazed at my life and how true God's blessings are. If I had followed my own path I would've been with someone else, but not with A. He's… everything. He's a combo deal that I never could've put together myself. I jokingly tell him he's "my Justin Timberlake" (if you've seen Baby Mama you know what I'm talking about). ;) 

Anywho. I'm happy. And I love my life. And I really like my boyfriend. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment