Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Great First Date of 2012...

I am a lucky, lucky girl. =)

I'm just copy/pasting the e-mail I sent to a few girls here at work. I'm lazy... And sleepy... and have a ton of work to do. =O 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He came to my house promptly at 7 and showed up with orange tulips which had 2 packs of reese's cups and mini almond joys dropped down in the packaging with them. He said he got the flowers in orange because it's my favorite color. Hehe. And I'd totally forgotten that I told him those were my favorite candies. Hehe. =)






Sorry it's blurry- stupid cell phone! This is after I put them in the orange vase. And after we ate a pack of Reese's. =P



So we drove to National Harbor, and it was about a 45 minute drive so there was lots of chatting about different stuff, and lots of talk of food. I think we were both hungry. Got to NH, and he took me to Ketchup!! I love this place. I've been there 1 other time and it was tasty, and this time was no different! We got an appetizer, drinks, and dinner, and talked a lot more about stuff. And he was so cute when he prayed over the food- he said something like "God… Thank you that she said YES! I mean seriously! Thanks! I mean it!" =P (http://www.dolcegroup.com/new-files/website-files/Ketchup/ketchup.html if you're interested!)

We walked back to his car to get his umbrella because it started sprinkling a little, and then walked down to the place where the water taxis pick up/drop off people. He dropped his stuff he was carrying, and said "Well, what if we do a little this…" and started swing dancing with me with no music!  But then he grabbed his phone and played "Magic" by B.O.B. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-NShfefks&ob=av2e) Which is one of my favorite songs, and I first heard it when dancing with him about a year ago. =) Then we slow danced to "Dream a little dream of me". =)) We hung out being goofy there a little longer then walked up to the Gaylord Hotel and Convention Center.

We walked around in the gardens in their foyer, took sappy pictures near the fountain, and then went about exploring the convention center since neither of us had been up there before. And we took more silly pictures, danced around like fools a little bit more, and just had a splendid time. =)) There's a gazebo up on the 3rd floor in the foyer, and it overlooks the fountains on the first level, so we totally swing danced some more up there. Why not, right?? But then at times he would be hugging me and just say "Dang…" and start laughing. And at one point he was like "Seriously, WHAT was I doing?! You've been right in front of me for 2 YEARS!" I welcomed him to my life. ;)

I was home by midnight, told the roomies about everything and crashed in bed around 1. So.Tired. But totally worth it. =)

Quite the fabulous first date I think!
How on Earth did I get so lucky?!

No comments:

Post a Comment