Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seriously, God?

This was taken in October 2010, way before there was any interest between either of us. =)
So remember my last blog post? 5 years and counting??

Well apparently it was a countdown. And I had no idea.

I've known this guy Adrian for a little over 2 years, after having met him at swing dance. We've been at many swing dances together, mutual events, birthday shenanigans, and most memorably, and probably my favorite thus far, is a movie night.

He came over to my house this past Wednesday to watch my favorite movie that he'd never seen (Robin Hood: Men in Tights) and after a fun evening with laughter and key lime pie (for Pi day, after all!) he asked me on a date. And the last 3 days have been a whirlwind of blushing, giggles, hugs and even a few illicit kisses on the cheek.

How is it that 3 days after I fully find peace and rest in God and myself as a single woman, this amazing man steps in and asks me out?? We attended a wedding together last night, then went swing dancing and to the diner after as always and the whole night was just amazing. As if it wasn't late enough, we walked up to Harris Teeter, holding hands and running across intersections and hugging a lot.

He's.... Hmm. Words. He's absolutely amazing. Dare I say, he's even what I would consider an answer to prayer. Adrian is kind, thoughtful, sweet, makes me laugh, gets my equally weird sense of humor, loves to dance, and above all other things, he is so in love with God. And that right there is the thing that I have most desired in a man for so long, is someone that I know will always love God before me. Under that is the sense of humor, which he has in spades, so we're doing pretty good so far. ;-)

He makes me feel safe. He has a scruffy beard that I love and want to hug. If beard hugging was normal.

I'm a little bit smitten.

But I'm OK with this. And I'm pretty sure God's OK with this. There's something so beautiful about the way that God's timing works. Everyone's always said "stop looking and that's when he'll come around". Well, in 5 years there are plenty of times where I've stopped looking, stepped back, and just enjoyed singledom. But there was definitely something different and special about this most recent "singleversary" as I almost reveled in being single and seeing what God had in store for me.

And little did I know, what He had in store for me was Adrian. And I'm ridiculously, completely, stupidly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment