Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Date #7




We had the date set for a month: May 12th. I knew nothing other than I would need to be dressed really nice, like we had been dressed for my Prom holiday party at work. I work a cocktail dress for that so I figured something along those lines would be apropos for our date. A few days before the date he dropped a few more hints: bring swing shoes, and maybe sneakers. Or maybe not. We "may not be walking that much". What does that even mean?! Where would it be remotely appropriate to wear sneakers and a cocktail dress?

Finally the day came! He came and picked me up at 2pm on Saturday, and boy did he look awesome. He was wearing a tux with a bright orange vest and tie (my favorite color), and was holding a bouquet of roses that were red, orange, and 2 rainbow roses. It was a gorgeous bunch and he got a huge hug just for that alone. :)

We finally went on our way and he said sometimes people will do things that are a little random while dressed up really nice, like go bowling. I asked if we were going bowling, fearing my lack of socks, and he said nope. We went to Majestic Fun. :) If you've never been, it's a ghetto version of Chuck-E-Cheese. I pretty much love it. Normally all the games work but today was not one of those days, and I'm sure it's just because our combined hotness blew them up. Haha! We played silly games for awhile, including a buck hunting one that I rocked at. I shot 24 out of 25 turkeys. He vowed to never buy me a gun. =P

We left after ~30 minutes and 60 tickets worth of Tootsie Rolls (3) and headed out to DC. He totally took me to the Titanic exhibit at the National Geographic Museum. Awesome. He knows I love Titanic, so it was awesome! They had props from the movie including a lamp and a life boat. It was pretty sweet. :) We walked around the samurai exhibit too, since the ticket included both.

After that we were both starving, but apparently "seating for dinner didn't start until 6:30". Whaaaa? Where were we going?! Caribou Coffee was right there, so coffee was drank and snacks were noshed.

He drove us to Alexandria, parked the car in what looked like a business district, and we started walking. I still had no idea where we were going as it looked like all businesses, and no restaurants. But we turned the corner and there was the Carylye Club.


It's a 1920's style art deco lounge and restaurant. I'd never heard of it and definitely had never been there. It was awesome. We were the only people there for awhile, so we got seated at the very front table on the dance floor. Dinner was delicious, the music was wonderful, and the decor was just gorgeous, and the ladies' room, believe it or not, was stunning.

There was a dinner show, but we didn't stay for it because he had other plans. Little did I know just how awesome his other plans were. :) We walked around a little bit to let dinner settle, and just because the area we were in was super nice. Then we drove to Arlington, I changed into my swing shoes, and we started walking out of the parking garage. I followed him up an off-ramp, begging him not to get hit by a car, but thankfully the area was pretty deserted. He found this spot he'd been to once before in Freedom Park and it basically looked like a rooftop terrace. It was a huge patio with a big walking path that led towards the Artisphere, and overlooked the city.

And what did we do on that rooftop terrace, you might ask?
Swing danced.
For like 45 minutes.
I might have twisted my ankle from stepping on it wrong, but darnit that was a good night and totally worth the slight limp I had yesterday. ;)


I seriously cannot get over how lucky I am. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment