Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I was sitting in the commons of my college today reflecting on my time here at school. I'm a 5th senior, affectionately known as a "super senior" and I realized something: this college really has been good to me. I've grown exponentially here, I've been Homecoming queen, I've been in multiple positions of leadership, I've been recognized for my leadership qualities, and in general my life has been poured into by multiple people. I was sitting pondering all off this and I realized I wish I could go back 5 years and tell 17 year old freshman Redhead some important things about what was to come. So, here's my letter to 17 year old Redhead. .


17 year old redhead
Dearest little girl,
Take time to enjoy life. Take time to enjoy your time here. It's going to be over before you know it, and I promise you're rolling your eyes and nodding your head in agreement to appease me, but believe me. It's gone in an instant. Put off dating as long as you can- you might save yourself a lot of trouble. However if you don't, don't regret the time spent with that young man. Take every mistake as an opportunity to learn and grow from it. Next time you won't make the same mistake- I can guarantee it. Make wise choices. Laugh a lot with your friends. Take more pictures than anyone will ever deem necessary. Tell people you care about what you think about them. Take time pouring out the blessings poured into you. You can do this. Any crisis that comes your way won't destroy you- it's just another opportunity to build you up and be a life lesson.
I love you my friend. Don't forget it.
Super senior, 22 yr old Redhead.

22 year old redhead

No comments:

Post a Comment