Saturday, February 7, 2009

Confidence?

My picture is smiling because I feel like smiling. I wrote a sermon on inner joy for kid's church tomorrow and it made me remember my own personal inner joy. 
I finished my credentialing exam around 9:20 a.m. after starting it at 8:30 a.m.. 75 questions, 1 ministry inventory, 1 calling sheet, and 1 testimony sheet and 50 minutes later and I walked up with mixed feelings. Honestly I feel like I did well even though there were a few questions that I had little to no idea of. I'm always wary of saying I did well because then I don't always do great. Somehow I still have an my inner joy though. That's gotta be God. Let's be real here. I think I do finally feel a sense of relief, knowing my exam is out of the way and my sermon's taken care of. I feel like hugging everyone. I feel like jumping for joy. I feel like. . . Really good. 
Sounds silly but I do. This started the other night and has kind of been working it's way up this whole week I just didn't see it coming. I've got a couple of friends who (probably got sick of me feeling blah and complaining) have really poured into me and said uplifting things. I even thought back to myself feeling like this and yearned for it to come back and I felt like I didn't know how to get it again. The other night on my "Let it be" blog,  I realized I keep saying how God's never let me down and I've never been disappointed by anything God's done, but I don't think I ever really believed it. I finally started believing it. I feel joyful. I have no worries about graduation. Whatever happens will happen. Jesus knows. 

I'm also not a blah person like I've been thinking/feeling. I am appreciated despite my previous whinings. I'm so blessed and so loved by my family and friends (new and old). The amount of prayer over me just over my credentialing exam? Oh it was glorious and ridiculous. Everyone was amazingly encouraging and excited for me and proud of me. 

Abba thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for giving me amazing friends that love me and pray for me. 

"Give all your concerns to the Lord, and He will keep you going; He'll never allow a life that's lived right to fail." Psalms 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment