Friday, February 13, 2009

He's still working on me. . .

"How loving and patient He must be, 'cuz He's still working on me..."

That's pretty much how I feel right now. Most of the time I feel like I'm a good person, but then certain situations arise and I see how others handle them and I wish I could be that mature. I see a few of my friends handle situations with grace and compassion whereas I want to pop up and take action with anger or frustration. I didn't use to be like this? . . . . I think, anyway. 
Some of my friends don't get heated up (visually anyway) and they will be rational and talk through whatever the situation is with whatever person it involves. Some of my friends will give second chances and not hold grudges. Why can't I do that? Why do I get angry or hold grudges so quickly? I want to be a better person. I want to be like my wonderful, compassionate, understanding friends. 

Abba teach me to love people as You love people. Teach me to respond with compassion, love, and even empathy. Teach me Father.

"This is the confidence we have in getting close to God. . . . that if we ask Him for anything according to His will, He listens to us." 1 John 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment